Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Color Stories


Cardigan: Anthropologie // Top: Old Navy // Belt, Clutch: Vintage // Skirt: Gap // Shoes: Style 369 // Sunglasses: H&M // Watch: Art Effect

So, Monday was my birthday. I am now 24 years old! It amazes me how fast time flies, especially after your 21st and 22nd birthday. I'm getting up there man! I'm really hoping for a better year... the past couple have been bringing me down. I won't get too into detail but I'm super hopeful that the next year will be better. If I manage to save some money for November through January, I'd love to take a trip that isn't in Texas. I'm only mentioning this because a friend of mine found $116 round trip tickets from Chicago to New York! I've never been and the idea obviously really excites me.

Anyway, on to my outfit! It's like night and day from my last outfit post which is funny because the majority of my clothes sort of work together, but I end up going from one extreme to the other sometimes. Regardless - I love this outfit. It's a little corporate but I try to have fun with color every once in a while. I'm a sucker for kind of muted, earthy fall colors so when I saw this Anthro cardigan, I knew it would work with everything I own. Think about it - it's the perfect pop of color against forest green, burgundy, navy, camel, and a dark goldenrod. I love it even more because it also works for cooler summer days and the length is just perfect with any high waisted look. Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but this tortoise, gold, white, blue-green, and an orangey red color story is making me long for another month of summer fun.



P.S. If you didn't notice, I got a haircut! It was shockingly only $24 at Floyd's Barbershop in Wicker Park. I think Mandi did a fabulous job. Also, Chicago was not allowing me to go without a cowlick in this post. Forever windy in the Windy City.

32 comments:

  1. aww u look so cute! Happy belated birthday and i love the outfit post!

    www.thickdaddys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your hair right now! and great clutch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is making me swoon right now. So pretty. I love the colour combo and you're also tempting me to cut off my hair. I must resist the urge hehe. :P

    bonjourgazel.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, I am stealing this haircut! SO cute. And I love the outfit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're flawless, you know that right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you spice up the corporate look with colour!I've been wanting to cut my hair like that forever, but could never take the plunge.

    www.phatsionplayground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your hair!!!

    www.passionsontopofpassions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lvoe that clutch- you work color so well!

    Liv @ bklynlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like cardigan, it's a refreshing colour, really suits you, also happy belated birthday! I'm 24 soon too! eepp! :P

    http://juffiesplace-lovestyles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comment love you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute haircut! reminds me of ramona from scott pilgrim vs. the world :) (one of my fav movies ever) looks cool. love the color combo in your outfit too. that purse is adorable!

    xo
    A_Riot
    www.thickthreads.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this outfit. The cardigan does go very well.

    http://www.fabellis.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your haircut! Wish I could have straight bangs, my hair is WILD! heeee Also loving the pops of color, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the bright colors of your outfit. The vivid poppy red and the cheerful sunny yellow fit so well together. It's such a simple look but it looks incredible on you! I'm glad you're posting again!

    xoxo
    Sarah Rose
    ZeZaftig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are so pretty

    http://plumpydolly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG you have me so inspired!!!! LOVE LOVE the color block! DIE.

    Love it and hello new friend, so excited I found you, can't wait to read more.
    Please come by and say hello, I'm a plus style blogger at www.lifeandstyleofjessica.com.

    XOXO
    Jessica Kane

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely outfit. You were born to wear that shade of red. Gorgeous! Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm completely in love with your hair! It's so cute and eye-catching. The entire outfit is great, too. Definitely bookmarking this look under "inspiration"!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute blog! I love your cardigan and your clutch! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this outfit! Your clutch is perfect. :)

    -Hope
    www.aflatteringtale.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your outfit!!!!

    the red cadigan is sooo cute:) love the way you have put this outfit together.

    xxxxx
    http://bigisalsobeautiful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE the color of that cardigan! *v*

    -Crystal
    http://lolitafatshion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice attire! You look so lovely in that. I wish I could find myself such fashionable plus size designer clothes too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE your red cardigan! And the yellow purse looks fab! I super love yellow. :D

    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. very very beautiful :)
    Follow you now!! :)

    Maybe you want to visit my german BLOG about Plus Size?

    http://mrs-flippers-glitzerwelt.blogspot.de/2012/09/freitag.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi fabulous'
    check out my fabulous ebay sale here http://www.ebay.com/itm/121052865649?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

    Womens Plus Size Dresses/Fashions-Gold Sequined Plus Sheet Dress

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's such a wonderful outfit I especially love the Sugar lips tank tops.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great outfit! The clutch looks really good too.

    Regards,
    Team Love Fashion - www.lovefashion.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great outfit! The clutch looks really good too.

    Regards,
    Team Love Fashion - www.lovefashion.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great outfit! The clutch looks really good too.

    Regards,
    Team Love Fashion - www.lovefashion.co.uk

    ReplyDelete