Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What I've Been Up To

Hey guys! I'm not even going to mention how long it's been since I've posted because it's really embarrassing and I'm actually pretty ashamed of the hiatus! I've had a lot of life changes the past year including a job promotion to a manager at the boutique I work at! Yay! Growing up is funny because every year it feels like a major life change is happening, and every time it feels so overwhelming and new, and then you get through the year and life throws another curve ball.

One of the curve balls that I started to deal with last June was getting really bad stress-related acne. It all started when Ryan lost his job in February and we were still living in our Lakeview apartment which was too expensive for me to pay on my own for the 6 months of him being unemployed, but I still somehow managed to get by. Anyway - I was constantly worried about money and it was finally starting to show on my face. It started out on the sides of my cheeks, so it was super easy to conceal but also easy to ignore because other people couldn't see it. It was around the time that I stopped posting on this blog when it got really bad. I've had a lot of great outfit-post opportunities but I haven't been able to get past my skin to post anything.

I was approached by Simone France back in November to do a product review of their skincare line. Perfect timing, right? They ask you to fill out a form on their website before ordering any product for a personalized analysis of your skin type, what you're currently using on your face, and their understanding of how your skin is reacting to it. This was extremely informative and eye opening! I learned so much about the product I purposely bought for my acne and how it was effecting my skin. After hearing back from the skin care experts, I was recommended certain products and received them all at the beginning of December.

My regimen is this: I start off with what they call "The Sandwich": Lovely Glow (moisturizer), Refining Scrub, and Soap. Once I've layered each product to my face, I wipe it off with one of their cleansing cloths and splash 15 splashes of really warm water, and then 15 splashes of really cold water on my face. I lightly dry off my face and apply Light Moisture Cream. At night, I use their Rich Milk to remove any makeup or oils from the day, and I wipe that off with a cleansing cloth, and then I add a few drops of Refreshing Toner on a wet cleansing cloth to my face.

It was a slow start, but my breakouts (which at this point covered cheeks, chin, and some underneath my face.) gradually slowed down and my skin got REALLY soft (and remain crazy soft). This has to do with Lovely Glow, their moisturizer that was recommended to me. I initially used Lovely Glow as my moisturizer after using the Sandwich, but since I was still breaking out pretty bad after a couple of months, the skin care experts switched me to Light Moisture Cream. I cannot stress enough how sweet and informative these experts are! They answer any and every question you have in an effort to give you stellar results.

To sum up my experience: Simone France has a quality product that improved my skin. After 4 months of consistent use, my skin is still not where I want it to be, but I know it's getting there. I went from literally almost hundreds of bumps and blemishes to the smoothest cheeks ever with scarring that gets lighter every week. For two weeks I didn't have any blemishes on my cheeks, but a few days ago, I finally got one on each. It's really frustrating and at this point, I honestly don't think my break outs have anything to do with the product. I haven't had a day where I don't have a blemish on my chin, so I'm thinking this is all hormone-related. I will try to keep you guys updated on my progress.

16 comments:

  1. Great to hear what you've been up to. I'm feelin' ya on the curve ball situation - each year seems to pile on top of the other. This is good though.. we are creating awesome lives for ourselves.

    LOVE LOVE

    geo @ thepeachstate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I adore in commendations mulberry purseto the adumbration with this carrier will be that’s not in actuality brownish mulberry outletrather than in actuality white.. in a few lamps that aswell seems like any dim fruit. My accomplice celine bag accoutrements accoutrements and i don’t apperceive just what the accurate blush is called (My accomplice and i has been mulberry bag brash nonetheless it appeared unpronounceable added a tad humans yet I will be in actuality aflame from it! My accomplice and i has been appropriately advantaged to accept mulberry outlet store that because it will be about difficult to mulberry luggage bags be able to access some mulberry handbags of the lighter brave accoutrements duke accoutrements central Greater london.It’s got an extensive, manolo blahnik outlet aught beginning.. you’ll not necessarily computer dent an manolo blahnik shoes alone toenail adorn acquisitive to get the calmly engrossed. Internally, besides it in actuality is ample centralized breadth it‘s got manolo blahnik online any ample abridged application a aught closure, celine bags online any corpuscle buzz manolo blahnik bridal case added a tiny pants pocket. This affectionate of will acceptable celine boston accoutrements be the appropriate venturing carrier for me alone on the manolo blahnik shop consecutive ages or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The past few Roger Vivier Flats weeks have been a non-stop shopping roger vivier spree to update roger vivier shoes my spring and summer wardrobe. Because of this, the next few posts will be dedicated to the purchases Roger Vivier Pumps I have recently made. My first feature will be on my newfound love of mesh or crochet sweaters this season. This type of piece is a great investment because it can Roger Vivier Sandals be used for every roger vivier sale warm-weather occasion. Whether it's as a cozy cover-up for late afternoons on the beach or dressed up with a pleated mini, it works every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Blog!!! Check out mine at http://uniquelyatypical.blogspot.com/
    Follow mine...I will follow back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been missing you and Olive for a long while now. I hope you're both okay!

    You've been tagged! I thought it was a lot of fun so I hope you'll participate :D
    See it here: http://madecbyme.blogspot.com/2012/06/dreaded-11-question-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could have posted SOMETHING you still have loyal readers :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww hope all is well now :)

    Follow each other???
    ****ZARA gift card giveaway for $400 on www.fashion-a-holic.com****

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope everything is going to be oke for you now!
    xo



    christian

    My Dutch Fashion Style



    www.mydutchfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to see you posting again! Life can get rough and it's totally understandable and necessary to step back. Hope things keep getting better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand I get stress related acne as well. I am really glad to hear that the product worked for you. I hope things start getting a little bit less stressful.

    from Backy Smith at Split-Site PhD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cuteypie Blog :) ... mwaaa
    http://loveelii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found this blog. What boutique do u work at? I totally need a make over and I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a nice article! Thank you so much for sharing!! http://www.payless4brands.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Olivia!

    Hope all is well. Reaching out on behalf of a fashion feature that we are working on in our February issue. We would love to include you in this feature to share a small tip and a photo of you. It would be great to work with you and I am looking forward to hearing form you soon.

    Best,
    Monifa
    --

    Monifa Hewitt
    All You Magazine Fashion Closet
    135 West 50th Street, 2nd Floor Rm. 257R
    New York, NY 10020
    T:212.522.7431
    E: Monifa.Hewitt@timeinc.com
    Linkedin: http://linkedin.com/in/monifah
    Visit our site! www.allyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm very interested in your outfits and want to see new collections in the new year. I hope that
    you will come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete