Friday, February 4, 2011

My Snow Called Life


In case you were wondering, I'm currently living in a snow cave here in Chicago. It's been a whirlwind, in every sense of the word, for the past few days. I'm lucky to have not been stuck outside during the blizzard but even though I stayed home most of the time, I had to go out at least once just for the experience. It was pretty crazy, even just walking a block to grab some groceries. Literally knee deep in snow!




Staying practical in my down coat, H&M scarf, Madewell mittens, and Propet snow boots.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck digging out! That's kind of what it looked like here in CT last week. Then we got an ice storm this week so what's left of the snow from before now has a nice crunchy layer of ice ensuring it won't melt away for months to come, lol. I'm not sure I love the snow any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe the amount of snow you guys are receiving! It's unbelievable! I imagine that the one block walk seemed like it was never going to end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! A Chicago bunny.

    The snow has been insane. Can I just say it's refreshing to see someone practical with their winter gear? I get so sick of trollopy little fashion wannabes wearing their mini-skirts & light jackets!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you please tell us where you got your coat and when? I've been on the lookout for a long, down coat that isn't too puffy and has some shape to it - for the longest! Yours looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alexandra! I got my coat at the end of 2006 from Old Navy and it was only about $75. It's filled with down and lined in fleece. It has held up SO well considering I've used it for 5 Chicago winters (including this one). If Old Navy doesn't have anymore down coats, I'd suggest looking at Amazon (they have amazing deals on down coats and better color options) or Macy's. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete